SALES ASSISTANT / RECEPTIONIST
Southern Oregon’s Best Choice for Television is seeking a high-energy, well-organized individual to join our market-leading team of sales and sales support professionals. In this full-time position, you’ll interface with clients and viewers, our account executives, and with sales and station management in effectively and efficiently executing ongoing departmental functions.
Description of Primary Duties:
- Responsible for maintaining the front desk including greeting clients and visitors, answering phones, fielding general questions, and directing calls.
- Mail distribution, collecting and distributing faxes, send and receive via UPS
- Ordering office supplies.
- Serve as internal station staff events/meeting coordinator.
- Assist with the creation of sales presentations, calendars, and proposals.
- Assist GSM with reports and in tracking projects.
- Maintain updated sales materials via the Sales Tree and the sales rack.
- Participate in general workflow and as backup as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Use of proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Proficient in proofreading.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with little supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and the general public.
Desired But Not Required:
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Antoinette Gaines, HR Manager at email@example.com. KMVU FOX26 and Northwest Broadcasting are equal opportunity employers. We provide a competitive compensation and full-time benefits package.
Senior Sales Support, Television (Medford, OR)
KMVU FOX26/My48/MeTV/Telemundo Medford
Full time position (with benefits).
Works closely with sales department management and account executives in avail preparation, order clearance, order entry, makegood scheduling, and other general sales support activities.
May include but not limited to:
- Updating of sales software with current programming and rates
- Assisting with sales department marketing and/or other projects
- Participating in training sessions including Wide Orbit, Media Sales, and Rentrak
- Assisting the GSM in tracking inventory, sellout levels, and unit pricing
- Interacting with other departments within the station to facilitate effective workflow
- Assisting GM/GSM with reports through Wide Orbit and/or Microsoft Excel
- Assisting in the organization of sales materials via the Sales Tree
- Working with team of sales support to appropriate allocate and complete necessary work to create logs, programming and sales materials
- Assisting GM/GSM/AE’s as needed and/or assigned
Working Hours: Primarily 8am-5pm Monday through Friday with potential for flex hours
Reports to: General Sales Manager
Required/Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computers and standard office equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and basic Office programs
- Experience with Wide Orbit (or similar traffic system) and W.O. Media Sales strongly preferred
- Proper use of grammar, punctuation, spelling, with proofreading skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with little supervision
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff, vendors, and clients
- Experience with FCC quarterly reporting preferred, but not required.
To apply for this position: Please respond with resume and cover letter to: John Flores via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. KMVU FOX26 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Senior Television Account Executive
Southern Oregon’s Best Choice for Television—KMVU FOX26/KFBI My48/MeTV/Telemundo Medford has a rare opening for an experienced account executive to manage an established account list, and develop new business for our 4 station group, website, and social media. The successful candidate will have an established record of success in working with key agencies and accounts, and a demonstrated ability to develop new and non-traditional business.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
• Meet/exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual budget goals as agreed to with sales management across all platforms.
• Grow shares of business for established and active accounts.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with station clients.
• Develop new business and seek out new, non-traditional leads through continual prospecting and the use of client needs assessment.
• Assist in developing and implementing sales packages and promotions.
• Continually improve sales skills through personal development and learning as well as active participation in station sponsored sales training.
• Sell the production and creative services value of our station group.
• Assist in maintaining timely client payments.
• Maintain a professional and courteous working relationships within sales and other departments within the station, including the adherence to working deadlines to avoid delaying others’ work processes.
• Provide an accurate weekly sales forecast to the General Sales Manager.
• Continually monitor advertising activity in television, cable and other media; follow up on leads in a timely fashion.
• Assist in providing additional information and reports to help develop sales goals, revenue projections, and other data requested by station management.
• Adhere to all department, station, and Northwest Broadcasting, Inc. operational procedures.
If you’re excited by the thought of working in a high intensity, fun, results-oriented environment with a great, winning team, then sell us! E-mail your resume and cover letter to John Flores, GSM at email@example.com
No phone calls please. FOX 26 and NWB, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers.
New Business Development Account Executive / Producer
Telemundo/Medford—KMCW—is looking for a unique, creative individual to join us as an entry level New Business Account Executive/ Commercial Producer. As a member of our team, you’ll prospect and develop new local accounts, prepare client-needs based proposals and produce low-cost, creative commercial solutions designed to help area businesses effectively message to our growing Hispanic Community.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and develops new business accounts not currently advertising with KMCW-TV/Telemundo. Continually monitors other media for lead generation.
- Under general direction, plans and facilitates studio and field-based video production, including the planning, copywriting, filming, editing, sound mixing, graphic design and compression output of a wide range of products, and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Meets/exceeds monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets as set in conjunction with station management.
- Develops client needs analysis, presents specific advertising packages, closes previously presented sales packages.
- Makes service calls to clients to keep attuned to client’s business, and the general market.
- Assists in developing and implementing sales packages and special promotions. Sells sports and specials on an ongoing basis in addition to regular spot schedules.
- Continually improves sales skills through personal development and learning; actively participates in station sponsored sales training.
- Provides accurate weekly sales forecasts to management. Assists in providing other information and reports to help develop sales goals and revenue projections. Attends weekly sales meetings, and a weekly one-on-one meeting with sales management
- Develops/maintains a professional, courteous working relationship with all departments. Adheres to departmental, station, and Northwest Broadcasting, Inc. rules, regulations, and operational procedures.
The ability to read, write and speak in Spanish is required. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits plan. Please submit your cover letter and resume to Antoinette Lumsden, HR Director, at: firstname.lastname@example.org KMVU FOX26/KMCW-TV and Northwest Broadcasting, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers.
New Business Development Account Executive
Northwest Broadcasting Inc. is looking for a New Business Account Executive to join our fantastic team of professionals. The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to; cold calling, new account development, writing proposals, coordination of commercial copywriting and ongoing billing collection. In addition, you will have the opportunity to build relationships while selling four networks and digital programs as marketing solutions to help clients meet their key business challenges.
The following description outlines the minimum job standards required for employment with the station. All Account Executives are expected strive to continually outperform these minimums. The following is a general summary; new projects/ responsibilities may be added from time to time at management’s discretion.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Identifies and develops new business accounts not currently advertising with My48, MeTv, and/or Telemundo, and/or on the KMVU FOX26 website. Continually monitors other media and other television stations for lead generation.
• Meets/exceeds monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets as set in conjunction with station management.
• Develops client needs analysis, presents specific advertising packages, closes previously presented sales packages, and arranges commercial production.
• Makes service calls to clients to keep attuned to client’s business, and the general market.
• Assists in developing and implementing sales packages and special promotions. Sells sports and specials on an ongoing basis in addition to regular spot schedules.
• Continually improves sales skills through personal development and learning; actively participates in station sponsored sales training.
• Makes collection calls on clients in the event that timely payments are not made.
• Maintains paperwork necessary for schedules to air correctly; schedules make goods and not available spots promptly to avoid credits/loss of revenue.
• Provides accurate weekly sales forecasts to management. Assists in providing other information and reports to help develop sales goals and revenue projections. Attends weekly sales meetings, and a weekly one-on-one meeting with sales management
• Develops/maintains a professional, courteous working relationship with all departments. Adheres to departmental, station, and Northwest Broadcasting, Inc. rules, regulations, and operational procedures. We offer competitive salary and benefits. Submit cover letter and resume to John Flores, General Sales Manager, at: email@example.com
KMVU-TV and Northwest Broadcasting, Inc. are Equal Opportunity employers.