Senior Sales Support, Television (Medford, OR)
KMVU FOX26/My48/MeTV/Telemundo Medford
Full time position (with benefits).
Works closely with sales department management and account executives in avail preparation, order clearance, order entry, makegood scheduling, and other general sales support activities.
May include but not limited to:
- Updating of sales software with current programming and rates
- Assisting with sales department marketing and/or other projects
- Participating in training sessions including Wide Orbit, Media Sales, and Rentrak
- Assisting the GSM in tracking inventory, sellout levels, and unit pricing
- Interacting with other departments within the station to facilitate effective workflow
- Assisting GM/GSM with reports through Wide Orbit and/or Microsoft Excel
- Assisting in the organization of sales materials via the Sales Tree
- Working with team of sales support to appropriate allocate and complete necessary work to create logs, programming and sales materials
- Assisting GM/GSM/AE’s as needed and/or assigned
Working Hours: Primarily 8am-5pm Monday through Friday with potential for flex hours
Reports to: General Sales Manager
Required/Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computers and standard office equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and basic Office programs
- Experience with Wide Orbit (or similar traffic system) and W.O. Media Sales strongly preferred
- Proper use of grammar, punctuation, spelling, with proofreading skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with little supervision
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff, vendors, and clients
- Experience with FCC quarterly reporting preferred, but not required.
To apply for this position: Please respond with resume and cover letter to: John Flores via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. KMVU FOX26 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Sales and Marketing Assistant/Receptionist
KMVU FOX26/My48/MeTV/Telemundo Medford Southern Oregon’s Best Choice for Television is seeking a high-energy, well-organized individual to join our market-leading team of sales and sales support professionals. In this full-time position, you’ll interface with clients and viewers, our account executives, and with sales and station management in effectively and efficiently executing ongoing departmental functions.
Description of Primary Duties:
- Responsible for maintaining the front desk including greeting clients and visitors, answering phones, fielding general questions, and directing calls.
- Mail distribution, collecting and distributing faxes, send and receive via UPS.
- Ordering office supplies.
- Serve as internal station staff events/meeting coordinator.
- Assist with the creation of sales presentations, calendars, and proposals.
- Assist GSM with reports and in tracking projects.
- Maintain updated sales materials via the Sales Tree and the sales rack.
- Participate in general workflow and as backup as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Use of proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Proficient in proofreading.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with little supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and the general public.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Desired But Not Required:
- Prior knowledge of the television industry with experience in a television station environment.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish.
- Familiarity with television station traffic systems.
- Familiarity with Nielsen, Nielsen Toolbox, and Scarborough ratings and research.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Antoinette Gaines, HR Manager at email@example.com. KMVU FOX26 and Northwest Broadcasting are equal opportunity employers. We provide a competitive compensation and full-time benefits package.